In our latest section of the one year-follow up, we have my dear friends, Evan and Candisse Alexander. Their story is a whirlwind one with a lot of events happening in a short amount of time. As most people say, 2015 was definitely THEIR year.
Candisse is one of my sorority sisters from LSU so we have a long history together. Her and Evan were engaged in 2014 and were married February 2015. They wanted a home but was like we have to do one thing at a time. After the wedding and honeymoon, we are seriously buying a house. As Candisse often let me know, “this 600+ square foot apartment isn’t working and you have to get me out of here.” LOL
So by May 2015, we were house searching with the newlyweds. Now it has been a seller’s market in DFW for the past few years and the summer is the most competitive time to search. We started a search immediately after the buyer’s consultation. We started in The Colony but Candisse and Evan were used to Tarrant County so the next day we ventured there and the rest was history on day 2 of the search. I was in awe too because it normally takes a few searches and offers before my buyers get under contract but not Evan and Candisse. Read their follow up interview below.
1. What type of home were you considering?
My husband and I were originally looking for a starter home.
2. What city did you purchase your home in?
Fort Worth, TX
3. Was it your first choice location? If not, what areas did you consider?
No, south Arlington, Grand Prairie and Mansfield were our top picks.
4. Now that you have lived in your city for a year, what is it that you like about your city?
I love downtown Fort Worth, and being so close to restaurants and malls and movie theaters!
5. What attracted you to your neighborhood?
6. What is something that you like about your neighborhood now that you have lived there for a year?
It is quiet and peaceful.
7. What advice would you give a first time homebuyer?
Trust your instincts. Taking the jump is hard, but once you know you are ready… Don’t be afraid to go for it!